When it comes to exercising, there are a lot of options. Whether it’s joining a gym, biking, running and more, you can find ways to be active; however, there are also some simple steps you can incorporate in your day to day living that can get you moving. Here’s a list to get you started.
- Forgo the elevator for the stairs. You’re more likely to get to your destination faster since you’re not waiting for the elevator to arrive.
- Explore trails or streets in a new neighborhood. A change in scenery helps keep your routine fresh.
- Simple housework (e.g. vacuuming, washing windows, etc.) can both beautify your home as well as burn calories.
- While cooking at the stove or washing dishes, stand on one leg, raise you heel off the floor; hold for 10 seconds. Do 10 repetitions and repeat on the other leg.
- Burn calories instead of gas money by biking or walking to do your errands as opposed to driving.
- Take advantage of the seasons. Garden in the spring. Wash your car in the driveway in the summer. Hike a nature trail in the fall. Have a snowball fight in the winter.
- Walk or jog while listening to an audiobook. You’ll go farther to hear more of the story and you’ll look forward to tomorrow’s walk.
- When you’re on the phone, you can burn more calories standing or walking as opposed to sitting down.
- Play with the kids. Whether it’s your children, grandkids, nieces or nephews, running around with them is an activity boost that comes with a guaranteed smile.
- You can also have a walking meeting with a colleague on the phone or in person, which will burn more calories than you’d burn sitting.
Looking Sports Nutrition Products? Click here to see what iHerb has available. Use Coupon Code WOW123 to get you $10 off any first time order with a $40 minimum purchase or $5 off orders less than $40