Photo Credit to Sonja of the Active Foodie Blog
A few months ago, iHerb hosted a giveaway with the Active Foodie blog written by Sonja, a commercial litigation lawyer in Los Angeles, California. She did such a fantastic job coming up with a recipe utilizing iHerb products that I knew that it was something I wanted to share one day with all our readers and today’s the day. What Sonja came up with is a moist and hearty bread, that isn’t dense and is perfect with butter and honey or a jam either for breakfast or for anytime you simply want a slice of bread that is a healthier carb option.
After checking out this recipe, be sure to explore Sonja’s blog, which focuses on trying to balance a busy career with leading a healthy and active lifestyle. From her blog, you’ll get tips, recipes and stories of how she tries to make it all work and you might even be inspired by her quest to run her first marathon. Yay for girl power! To see the original post of this recipe, click here.
Multi Grain Honey Almond Loaf
2 egg whites
1 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons Y.S. Organic Bee Farms, Raw Honey
1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the meal, flours, oats, baking powder and almonds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, buttermilk, coconut oil and honey.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, careful not to over-mix.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray. Add batter and sprinkle some oats and slivered almonds on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with some butter and honey or jam
iHerb sells over 3,500 natural food items, everything from stevia to gluten free flours to much more! Click here to take a look at our grocery offerings. If you’re new to iHerb, you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $5 off your first order.