Photo Credit to Bel of Ooh, Look… Blog
There are just days when I feel like munching and to avoid munching on foods that may lean towards the unhealthy side, I decided to look for options that fit 3 criteria. Namely, the snack must be easy to prepare ahead of time, easy to bring to work and of course, tasty enough so that I’m not tempted to reach for a bag of chips. Then I came upon a Roasted Chickpeas and Cashews recipe from Bel, who is the writer of the Ooh, Look… Blog. As you probably know, there are quite a lot of roasted chickpea recipes out there, but Bel’s recipe stood out to me. First, I liked the addition of the cashews for an added crunch component and second, rosemary is one of my favorite herbs and this recipe calls for the use of fresh rosemary. I was sold! To see the original recipe post, click here.
As I looked through more of Bel’s recipes, a couple of things that I found really helpful is that each of her posts includes a group shot of the ingredients that are being used for the recipe as well as step-by-step photos. Those are just additional steps that could only help when someone is trying out a new recipe. What’s great about the Ooh, Look Blog is that there’s enough recipe variety, you could plan a 3-course meal that includes an appetizer, entree and dessert. How convenient is that? Click here to see all of Bel’s recipes and from there, it’s time to get cooking.
Roasted Chickpeas and Cashews
(makes 1-1/2 cups)
1-15 oz can Eden Foods, Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp sea salt flakes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
2. Place the chickpeas on a paper towel and pat them dry. Then put them in a baking tray with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirrring occasionally so they brown evenly.
3. Reduce oven to 180 deg C. Add the cashews to the baking tray together with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cumin and salt. Roast for a further 10 minutes, until the cashews are golden brown and the chickpeas are crisp.
4. Add the rosemary and roast for another 5 minutes.
5. Set aside to cool before serving.
iHerb sells thousands of natural food items, everything from stevia to gluten free flours to much more! Click here to take a look at our product offerings. If you’re new to iHerb, you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $10 off your first order with a $40 minimum purchase or $5 off of an order of $40 or less.