Photo Credit to Sam of Today’s Nest
Healthy food sometimes has the stigma of not tasting good, but how can you not look at the picture above of this delicious looking Pomegranate Granola from Sam of Today’s Nest and not want to dig in. Nutty and tart with a little sweetness, this granola is a perfect anytime food, whether it’s for breakfast with your favorite milk, dairy or nut, as a great snack alternative to potato chips or candy or for food on the go as you’re out enjoying the day. Even better, it can be frozen so it’s a treat that can last over a good period of time. To see Sam’s original post and also more photos, click here.
If you get a chance, be sure to explore Today’s Nest. It’s a website where not only will you find delicious recipes, but also fitness, parenting, gardening and organizational tips. Sample posts include How to Make a Butterfly Garden, How to Organize Your Pantry and How to Make a Hooded Scarf.
3/4 cup Now Foods Natural Almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Made in Nature Organic Raisins
1-1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
Before you start:
Be sure to use rolled oats and not quick oats. The texture is important here. Purchase your seed pre-roasted or toast them yourself slightly before adding them to the mixture. Granola freezes well. If you make more than you can use in a week, put some in the freezer.
- Spray a half sheet baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine oats, seeds, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, brown sugar and pomegranate juice over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour liquid over dry ingredients in bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place coated mixture on baking sheet and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried fruits. Spread into an even layer again.
- Bake until lightly browned (12-15 min).
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack before breaking into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
iHerb sells thousands of natural food items, everything from stevia to gluten free flours to much more! Click here to take a look at our product offerings. If you’re new to iHerb, you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $10 off your first order with a $40 minimum purchase or $5 off your first order of less than $40.