Peach-Ginger Chia Pudding
Photo and Recipe From Amy Green of the Simply Sugar and Gluten Free Blog
- 8 gluten-free, refined sugar-free ginger snaps, divided
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. sugar-free, alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 3 – 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- 4 peach slices
- a sprinkle of good quality cinnamon
- Crush 4 of the ginger snap cookies into fine crumbs. Save the other 4 cookies for garnish.
- Combine the chia seeds and the water. Set aside.
- Put the peaches and banana in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse several times then puree until nearly smooth.
- Add the yogurt and reduced fat cream cheese to the food processor. Puree until smooth, scraping the bowl down as necessary.
- Transfer the fruit and yogurt mixture to a large bowl. Whisk in the chia seeds, which should have formed a thick gel.
- Divide the cookie crumbs between 4 beautiful dessert glasses. Use a spring release ice cream scoop to evenly divide the chia pudding mixture between the glasses.
- Before serving, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add the vanilla extract, stevia, and remaining 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the whipped cream and combine.
- Garnish each bowl of pudding with one ginger snap, one slice of peach, and a dollop of whipped cream. Lightly sprinkle the whipped cream with cinnamon.
iHerb sells thousands of natural food items, everything from stevia to gluten free flours to much more! Click here to take a look at our product offerings. If you’re new to iHerb, you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $5 off your first order.