Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Mac and Cheese for One
Photo and Recipe From Michelle Hunt of the Peachy Palate Blog
- 2.5 oz (70 g) gluten free macaroni
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (25 ml) almond milk
- 2 Tbs. cooked haricot (navy) beans
- 1 – 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped rehydrated sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cover macaroni with boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
- Soak sundried tomatoes in boiling water while the pasta cooks. Thinly slice before stirring through.
- Place breadcrumbs in a dry pan and toast for 3-5 minutes, tossing to ensure they don’t burn.
- Blend together milk, yeast, mustard, beans, pumpkin and seasoning.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, pour in sauce and sundried tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes until nice and creamy and heated right the way through.
- Serve topped with toasted breadcrumbs.
iHerb sells thousands of natural food items, everything from stevia to gluten free flours to much more! Click here to take a look at our product offerings. If you’re new to iHerb, you can use Coupon Code WOW123 to get $10 off your first order with a minimum $40 purchase or $5 off orders less than $40.